Credit, Surety & Political Risk Treaty s1206
The strategic focus of the division is to support and capitalise on niche financial lines business opportunities for clients who have a high degree of specialism within their chosen field. At AmTrust, we look to partner with our chosen brokers and clients over the long term, so as to create bespoke insurance and reinsurance solutions which are both innovative and capital efficient.
The spectrum of risk, product range and clientele within the market as a whole is extensive; however, our approach is to focus on those entities offering capacity where they can demonstrate experience, discipline and underwriting integrity in their chosen segment of the market.
AmTrust at Lloyd's has a clearly established underwriting philosophy with regards aggregate control, obligor capacity and risk accumulation. This philosophy is paramount for the classes written where risk accumulation is inherent across the division as a whole.
Our team writes a broad range of business including:
Credit – Reinsurance Treaty
- Whole Turnover Trade Credit (multi-buyer)
- Emerging Market Credit (single-buyer)
- Developed Market Credit (single-buyer)
Surety – Reinsurance Treaty
- Contract Bonds
- Commercial Bonds
Political Risk – Reinsurance Treaty
- Confiscation, Expropriation, Nationalisation, Deprivation (CEND)
- Contract Frustration
- War, War on Land, Aviation War, Political Violence & Terrorism
- Trade Disruption Insurance/Consequential Loss
Terrorism – Reinsurance Treaty
- Strike, Riots and Civil Commotion
- Malicious Damage
- Insurrection, Revolution and Rebellion
- Mutiny and Coup d’état
Lloyd's of London
The AmTrust Credit & Surety team can be found at Lloyd's of London, Gallery 2 – Box 245